Reflections

My mother placed me in an educational institution when I was five, and I remained in one ever since! However, much learning is available away from organised set-ups. Sharing experiences is a wonderful human activity.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"If music......."




Just to remind you of the bard’s lines:

“If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound,
That breathes upon a bank of violets..............”


But this is only one aspect of the splendour and greatness of music in all its forms, rhythms and
sounds. The variety of formats is so large that hardly any music lover is left out. There is music for everybody: young and old, rich and poor, clever and non-clever, profane and talented, and perhaps, angelic and satanic.
The attachment to music has to-day reached unprecedented levels. You have only to take a stroll in a busy road, or sit at ease on a bench in your green or park, to watch many people with headphones attached to their ears, presumably listening to their favourite music.

 
Or join an open air crowd in a well lit open space to follow the performance of a well orchestrated concert. Sometimes it is very noticeable that attendees go into hysterics during performances of this genre.
 
The debate about the classical and the modern leads to nowhere. The choice may be subjective, personal and relative. It may happen that the music chosen to listen to at a particular moment is dependent on one’s feelings influenced by prevailing circumstances. While writing this peace I find soft melodious music inspiring, but sometimes I prefer Carmine Burana to liven my spirits. Read more about this train of thought at http://www.culturedomain.com/music.html
 
If you prefer to go to my homepage, please click the link that follows:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home